Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cookie Decorating

Well, I'm in the middle of trying to get my x-mas goodies and cookies done. This year we're going to give some friends and family (grandparents) a "x-mas goodie" tray for x-mas. So I've been busy making all sorts of yummy things. All the things I'm making you don't see here in Brazil, so it'll be fun to see what people think. I actually had to bring a HUGE jar of peanut butter with me, sprinkles, and marshmallows, so that I could make some of my favorite treats. I've never seen marshmallows here, peanut butter comes in a tiny little container and has tons of sugar added, and I've only seen a few sprinkles. So I planned ahead was able to bring a few things back to Brazil with me from the US.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon decorating the sugar cookies. We had so much fun and I must say, they are the cutest cookies I've ever decorated. :) Camden had his first "sugar high" too. He just licked all the frosting and sprinkles off the cookies we gave him to decorate. At least it kept him busy, but now we are sure that we want to keep as much sugar as we can FAR FAR AWAY from him. YIKES!

We had fun family time though, and that's what really matters!



Posing with our cookies. Renato said that noone here will want to eat them. They don't decorate x-mas cookies here, so it will be fun to give these away to our friends and neighbors.




Here are just a few of the cookies. Aren't they cute??? I actually had to put them in the fridge for awhile to get the frosting to harden and set...it's just too hot here.




This is my super creative husband concentrating on decorating his cookie. My goodness did he ever get fancy! He's all about the details, and well....I'm not. I'm just about getting the job done. Although, I did have some creative moments myself. :)




Posing with a cookie.




He can't wait to dig his teeth into this cookie!!




Look at that face! This is after he helped me lick the spoon after we dipped peanut butter goodies in chocolate. Too cute!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay!! It looks so fun!

Merry Christmas!

Stacey said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I am a lot like you when it comes to detail..lets just get the job done. Jonathan is a lot like Renato...he is very detailed. :o)

Mikaela said...

Yummy :)

Have a Merry Christmas!
Enjoy those cookies

Mikaela