Monday, July 7, 2008

Another Crazy Brazilian Party

This past Saturday, my in-laws had a huge party at their house. It was called a "Festa Junina", which is translated, June Party....although it was already July. It's a party that celebrates "old country living". They dress in country type clothes, have live music and certain dances they do, and decorate with colorful flags and bamboo. It was a fun party and everyone had a good time. I wanted to share a few pictures of it, because my words alone in description would never give the party justice.


Here we are, "a little bit" country. :) I had fun with my pig-tails, reminded me of my childhood days.


Here's a pic of a family that really went "all-out" in their costumes.


Dancing!


More Dancing!


Renato's grandma and grandpa. Grandpa was having the time of his life! He loved the music!!

Like I've said before, Brazilians love their parties!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

They sure do know how to party!!! There seems to be one every month and if there isn't an official holiday, lets just have a party because it is the month of June!!! I LOVE IT!!!!