Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pregnancy in Brazil-Part 7

Yes, I'm giving ANOTHER pregnancy update. I was hoping that by now I'd be able to post about my new little boy, but he doesn't seem to want to join the rest of us and is in no hurry to join the outside world. So yes, I'm still pregnant. *Sigh* And I think what's really making these last days difficult for me is the heat. It's been in the 90's for almost 2 weeks now, and it's just not cooling off. So that means that I'm not cooling off either. We are trying to spend as much time as possible at Renato's parents house because there house seems to stay much cooler then ours, and of course they have a pool....which helps in keeping us all cool. Although yesterday when I got in the pool it didn't even seem cool at all, just like a warm bath. Even "cold" showers don't work now because the all of the water comes out warm, not even cool anymore.

I had another appointment yesterday.....and the baby has moved down and there is progression, but I'm still not dilated. So, my Dr. said that if he still isn't here by Thursday, Friday, or Saturday they'll put me in the hospital to induce. She's going to call the hospital to see who the Dr.'s are "on call" there those days and choose the best Dr. for me, then call me that day to come in. Last week I wasn't very happy about being induced, but to be honest with you, at this point, I've lost patience. It was the same way with Camden. It seems that once I get past my due date, I'm just ready to be done. So Camden was induced and was 7 days late. And I'm going to go along with the induction this time around too, which ever day they call. I am still praying that today he'd decided to come on his own, but I'm not going to be upset if I get induced. It just wasn't my first choice, or the best choice, but if it'll get Dawson moving....I'm all for it right now!

Getting induced for me means that I'll probably have to get an epidural too. I'm not against them, I just really want to have a natural some point...maybe the next one?!? I didn't have that great of luck with the epidural last time either. The 1st one they put in didn't work and within an hour I was back at the same pain level I had been in. They called the Dr. but he was in surgery. So I had to wait for him to get out. When he came back he couldn't get it in the right way. He had to poke me and "try" 6 more times to get it to work. I distinctly remember him saying, "OK, I'll try one more time." You better believe I was praying soooooo hard by then for it to work....I was getting pretty nervous. But it turned out, he just had to angle the needle a different way for me to get it to work. And I was SOOOO thankful that it worked! It still took another 7 hours for Camden to come out, so I don't honestly know if I would have had enough strength to push him out if I didn't have that time to rest. And as I recall, the epidural didn't help that much with the pushing part...I remember asking the nurse why it hurt so bad, and she just said, "Sorry honey, it doesn't take away the pain of pushing all the time." But, it all worked out well in the end because I finally pushed out a perfect little Camden. :)

So now I'm just wondering how this birth experience will be....especially since it's in a different country. I know that God is good and that He is in control, no matter what may be different here.

So we're just waiting and waiting. We'll update the blog as soon as we can after Dawson is born, but it may be a few days.....since for some reason, I'm guessing the hospital here doesn't have wireless internet available. :) We'll post pics as soon as we can.


Carrie at dumptrucksandteacups said...

I've been thinking of you and will continue to pray! Can't wait to hear that you are holding your little one in your arms!

Carrie at dumptrucksandteacups said...

Thanks for letting me know about tomorrow... I'll be praying for a smooth, save and peaceful day!!!

Blessings, my friend!!