Friday, February 1, 2008

Grandpa's Garden



Brazil has lots of fresh produce. It's amazing all the different types of fruits and vegetables they have here that I've never seen before. So it's been fun trying all the new produce. Some are extremely good, others are not so good at all. Like Guava. I love eating guava in different sorts of food in the U.S., or drinking it in juice, but picking a guava off of a tree and eating it is entirely different. I've tried them over and over again hoping that I'll like it this time, but no such luck. To me, they taste like a cross between a tomato and some kind of fruit. I just don't like them. Everyone else around here loves them though.

Renato's grandpa has 2 huge gardens that he takes care of. He's retired and 87 yrs old, but he has a full time job taking care of his gardens. In ND we have some pretty big gardens, but nothing like this. And he certainly has different sorts of produce in them compared to ours. It's fun to walk through his garden with him. He finds all sorts of things for you to try. He has everything from corn, to bananas, to lettuce, to pomegranite. I took a few pictures to show you. These pictures don't do justice to how large it is though. It's always a good day when you can visit grandpa's garden!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Must be a lovely place. It will be a fun memory for Camden.