Monday, January 18, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge-Week 3




Well, week 3 was a challenge, that's for sure. :) I didn't do as well as I did the past 2 weeks. Last week I spent a total of $41.67, which is right on target with my goal. Yay! This week I spent a total of $54.54. A bit over my goal of $40-$50 per week. This is where I shopped:

~Sunflower Market: $25.44 (they had great deals on fresh produce this week....and maybe I bought 2 bags of Kettle chips that were on sale and with my $1off coupon, paid $.79 for each....so those weren't in my budget, but it's good to get a "treat" every now and then, right?) :)

~Walmart: $29.10

I don't necessarily think that we're eating any differently from our pantry than before...I'm just using up a bit of the stock pile I had. SO that means in February....or whenever I see a good deal, I'll need to stock up again.

I also think that I'm just getting a bit better at really making my Menu Plan from looking and KNOWING what I already have....which is a big step! Overall, I'm glad that I'm participating in the challenge and that I'm learning more about menu planning and sticking to a budget....or close to a budget anyway. :) How about you? Do you menu plan or try to stick to a budget for groceries? (It's always fun to see what other people do...and then get good ideas from them too.) :)

Check out moneysavingmom.com and lifeasmom.com for more about the pantry challenge!

2 comments:

Katie said...

You're doing great! I agree, as this challenge goes on, it's getting easier to know what you have. There are some things I'd forgotten about.

I also went a tad over my budget for the month...and there's still 2 weeks left! yikes!

Blissful & Domestic said...

I missed out on doing this last month so I plan to start on the 1st I am hoping to stay within the 40 dollars a week also.