Thursday, January 28, 2010

We Obviously Don't Get Out Much

The other day I was having "one of those days". I had a wicked sinus headache, and I had to go to Walmart. Oy. AND I went to a Walmart I'm not familiar with so I ended up wandering around quite a bit trying to find what I needed. (Which didn't help with the sinus headache.) Double Oy. It also took me longer than expected so I didn't have time to run home to get my dinner made. So I called Renato on the way home to suggest we use the 2 free chicken burger coupons we had for Chik-fil-A for dinner. Great idea!!!

By the time we were ready to leave the house it was a little after 6pm. Camden was so excited to find out what the "surprise" was. (He LOVES Chik-fil-A.) We opened up the garage door and Camden was stunned. He said, "WOW. It's dark outside." Which kinda made me chuckle because he just doesn't get outside at night much to see when it's dark. We spend most of our time at home, and RARELY go outside the home in the evenings. So his observation was pretty cute.

When we got to Chik-fil-A, I took him out of the van and as we were walking in, he said, "Wow, I've never seen it like this before! Look at the moon!". I just giggled because he was just so amazed by seeing his favorite place all lit up in the night sky with the moon and stars in the background.

All this to say, yes I guess my children are a bit sheltered and don't get out much. But they sure do have an appreciation of the "little" things in life, that most of us don't even pay any attention to. :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute story!

Susan said...

Very sweet. Ohhh, Chick Fil A sounds good about now!